We take our Data Protection responsibilities seriously. For those who are interested, here are the ways in which your personal data are processed by us.
OCC will process the personal data that you (have) provide(d) to:
- communicate with you about activities, events, vacancies, and other matters that are central to the life of our faith community:
- For church members, OCC considers this communication to be in its legitimate interests, especially as your church membership represents our mutual commitment to our shared goals
- For non-members, OCC considers that this communication requires your opt-in consent, which you may withdraw verbally or in writing using OCC's contact details as listed above, although we may require you to confirm your intentions and/or identity if your request is ambiguous or unclear
- provide pastoral care, Christian discipleship, and community governance, and to foster missional outreach, all of which are central to the life of our faith community:
- OCC considers this to be in its legitimate interests for all individuals with whom it has regular contact
- OCC considers this to be justified by its legal obligations in certain situations (eg. safeguarding)
- OCC considers its processing of sensitive personal data to be justified by its charitable purposes (with appropriate safeguards and confidentiality)
Your personal data will only be accessible to staff members or volunteers directly involved in these purposes, and it will be erased no more than one year after your last contact with OCC (unless as a non-member you withdraw your consent for promotional communications, after which you will be removed from our communications database as soon as possible).
Your personal data will not be shared with any other parties, unless it is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation (eg. complying with a court order, etc), and it will never be sold. It will be stored in the UK on databases solely owned and operated by OCC, and/or provided by ChurchSuite with whom OCC has a contractual agreement and whom OCC has vetted for appropriate data security.
With respect to OCC's use of your personal data, you have certain rights:
- To be informed (e.g. this privacy notice)
- To access (to check the accuracy of your data)
- To rectification (to have your data corrected)
- To restriction (to have this processing put on hold)
- To be forgotten (erased from our records)
- To challenge profiling (inc. automated decision-making)
- To complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
OCC will not use your personal data for automated decision-making nor for profiling.